In the wake of yesterday’s travesty of a blog post, it’s on to Nissa’s questions. Her tag came in under the guise of something called the Versatile Blogger Award, which is much more pleasant than a wooden horse full of Greek soldiers, and includes the attractive badge over there on the right. I’ll take all the awards I can get, and I am sincerely honored that Nissa would consider me worthy of this.
The rules of the award are as follows:
1. In a post on your blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.(or 5 like Nick Wilford – he claims you will not be smited.)
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
Hmm…hauntingly similar to Justin’s, yet distinctive. I appreciate the non-smiting policy. Points for
concision conciseness brevity. When am I going to stop channeling Porky Pig?
Okay, first I’m supposed to nominate…great googly-moogly! There is no way in Poughkeepsie I am going to nominate fifteen bloggers. Three is my limit. Will have to ponder my selections a bit, but…check. Add the VBA to my post…check. Thank Nissa and link back to her blog…check. Share seven random pieces of information…let’s table this for a moment. Include the rules…check. Inform the
victims nominees…will do.
In the spirit of the award, I will be tagging three bloggers I consider versatile: Kat Heckenbach, artist and author; Bryan Thomas Schmidt, novelist and master interviewer; and Kristine Pratt, publisher and entrepreneur.
So, that just leaves the random info. Here goes:
1. I would have gotten away with it, if it weren’t for those meddling kids.
2. According to our respective families, one of my ancestors is Daniel Boone, and my lovely wife is descended from Robert de La Salle. I don’t know if it means anything, but I’m not worried about getting lost in the woods.
3. My fatal weakness is chocolate chip cookies.
4. My elbows hyperextend, so when I do push-ups, my arms look like flamingo legs.
6. I’m nearsighted, but I take the long view.
7. My current cellphone ringtone is Equinoxe, Part 5, by Jean Michel Jarre.